Thursday, August 5, 2010

Hollywood lighting

Another one I created in that old Hollywood style was this one with the glass, bottles and cigarette .I had the model position herself so I could frame her face in the glass, which reduced her size, but still show her breast between the bottle and the stem of the glass.




I am very interested in the style of lighting by the photographers of the 30's and 40's, such as George Hurrell and Eugene Robert Richee.

So when I get the opportunity like I did with Deveraux , working with her on the Erotica book, I decided to work on some with her.

I test shoot my lighting before I start, so I used that test to create this look with her. Very pleased with the out come.

Where I will go with this, I have no idea. I just love being a photographer and trying to see what photographers were seeing back then, and how they maybe created their style.