Saturday, November 13, 2010

"Where did you shoot that?" Was the question

I get asked this about some of my work many times: "Where did you shoot this?"

I shoot mostly in my studio. So, I am always looking for a way to create an idea. As much as I like the beach, swimming and surfing, plus watching the sharks swim by, I needed to create this in my studio.

I do not normally keep my test shots of an idea once I have worked it out. This is one such idea that I found so have posted it.

First, these are some of the images I created:





So this is one of my test shots of how I created them.

The whole image is the test shot - just look at it and you will see the top half is what you would see as the image when I shoot it, but the model is sitting in a plastic tray to catch the water when she stands up. That is a sheet of plastic stretched out in the middle of the picture. It is taped to the walls in my studio with a 2x4 across the front. The models goes in under the plastic and comes up through the hole in which the model stands up in. So we can spray her with water and catch it in the tray she is standing in. It worked well for what I had in mind.

I hope this helps those that have asked or just wondered, but I am not a writer and this is the best I can explain  for now. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and I will try my best to answer.