Friendship 10 years later with Iona Photo Shoot


Reuniting with a Friend After 10 Years: Photo Shoot with Model Iona

Working with gorgeous models, such as Iona, reminds me of how lucky I am to be involved in the world of photography and art. I have known Iona (pictured below) for over 10 years, staying in touch via email and social media.

She has always spoken about how she admires my work, so much so that she wanted to plan a private photo shoot with me of her own. So we arranged our schedules and she flew all the way from Canada to my studio in Costa Mesa, CA to work with me.

She walked in and did not look a day older than the last time I saw her 10 years ago. We worked on many different concepts together and had a wonderful time catching up. Here are a select few photos that she gave permission for me to share with all of you. All black-and-white edits except for one.




I always find something so alluring about a model who is smoking a cigarette with a mischievous look on her face. Iona's beautiful dark hair and the way the smoke billowed around her was perfect for my style of work.




A black hat and red scarf were the perfect accessories to add while Iona and I toasted with a glass of wine, celebrating finally working together again after 10 years.




I must admit Iona looked amazing wearing a hat. So we played with a few, accenting and bringing attention to her sultry eyes and pouting lips.  



This model has a way of playing with clothes that make the photo sensual and interesting. A pair of ripped jeans, a crop-top, and G-string underwear with a fan blowing through her hair is all we needed for this image.





I just had to sneak in another hat photo, as they are stunning on her. This is a Russian-style faux-fur hat that was a beautiful contrast against her dark black hair. We popped that on top of her head and I told her to give me a smirky smile.



The next photos speak for themselves, and I will leave you here to peruse and admire Iona's beautiful form. As you can see, a photo oftentimes does not need to be explicit in order for it to be incredibly sexy. Loose clothes that show peaks of skin can be more enticing than full nudes. See for yourself.



Comments